Cart 0

On Haberdashery

buttons haberdasher haberdashery trimmings

Occasionally people will refer to Ezra Paul Clothing, and men's clothing stores at large, as "haberdasheries", and while it is in fact one of the more enjoyable words in the English language, it is a term that's probably been bastardized over the years. For instance, in America, haberdasher is generally used to describe a men's clothier, however on the other side of the Atlantic it refers to someone who sells buttons, ribbon, and general clothing accouterments - what would be categorized as "trimmings" in the US. Therefore I will join the British in declaring the colloquial American usage of haberdasher as balderdash!  


Older Post Newer Post

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published